Last month, I wrote a post about the new clay kitty charms I was making. I wasn’t able to show the entire process though because I’d been waiting for my new kiln to arrive. Well, the kiln is finally here and it’s ready to go!
I left off with the cats in the greenware stage.
Here’s a little group of kitties and hedgehogs that have been stained with manganese.
Since these are a new design, I decided to glaze two of the kitties and leave one with just the oxide stain.
I also wanted to test some of the porcelain kitties I made. I applied a black underglaze to these instead of the manganese.
I used a new pink glaze on both of them.
They were then loaded into the kiln and fired to Cone 6.
And here they are all finished!
I have a tray full of bisque cats to keep experimenting with. I am looking forward to trying different glaze combinations with them.